



Well, the previously mentioned apple cake was a success. Later in the week, I realized I had to do something with all the apples before they went bad. So, I peeled and cored them, then I sliced them up at mixed cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg and coated them and stuck them in a bag for freezing. I think I ended up with around 80 cups of sliced apples. Yummy for apple crisp and apple cake.
Last week I made Jesse a ham with horseradish mashed potatoes (much yummier than they sound). I don't think I had ever made ham since we have been married. Anyway, we have been feasting on that for the week. It sure came in handy to bring to work.
The latest news is that it is cold here. It is about 40 during the day and in the high 20s at night. For some of you, this may not seem like a big deal, but around here it is, especially when you only heat with wood heat. We have had the wood stove going for days, but it is something I don't really mind. I think my life is otherwise uneventful. Here are some pics from apple day!
7 comments:
Hooray! You're back! Only two months left!! ;-)
I wish I had apples galore! We did have a whole bushel of peaches earlier this year, though. . .they're safelyin our freezer now. Do you remember the ramen noodle salad Jess's family fixed at your rehearsal dinner? Care to post a recipe?
What about the pumpkin pound cake recipe, too? Maybe we should start a joint recipe blog. . . .
Oohh. I don't know about the ramen noodle salad. I will ask Jan or my mom. I will find the pumpkin poundcake recipe. I like the idea of a recipe blog....
Okay, I'm up for starting a recipe blog, and we can all be listed as posters. For starters, we need a blog title. Thoughts?
Oops, I didn't know you guys were already talking about the recipe blog on here! I was talking to Court and said I would just start it...hope the name is okay! ;-)
But of course!
Post a Comment