It is very odd to think that of 4 friends that went to college together, I am the only one still working outside the home. The odd thing is that at times I think I would really enjoy staying at home full time. However, after spending 6 months at home (albeit, I was unable to really do anything), I am so happy to back at work. As, I stood at my patient's bedside my second day back to work, I watched her heart stop and it was then that I realized how much I love my job (odd huh?). Our team of nurses immediately went into action and we were able to revive the patient (who later died). God has given me a gift to be able to minister to people in their moments of need. I rarely have the opportunity to share the gospel, but I hope that my patients can sense Jesus oozing out of me. Just last week a patient told me that he could see that he could see my sincerity in my face. I don't always look forward to going to work and I enjoy my time off, but I am happy to say that I also enjoy going to work. I am finally to the point in my career that my colleagues trust me and I think some may even like me!
Jess's parents left on Saturday after a week here. I think they enjoyed their visit. It was after they left that Jess and I realized how much we like our life and our routine. We enjoyed having them here, but it was nice to get back to our routine. Other than that, life has been uneventful. We are leaving for camp in 2 1/2 weeks! Right now we are leaving to get our passports for Europe!








2 comments:
Finally, pictures!! :-)
Love the flowers and the floor . . .and your hair is adorable braided!
Post a Comment