Sunday, June 25, 2006

Random Thoughts

Well, just over an hour ago my husband came in to wake me up. Initially I was annoyed as I thought it was 9am and I went to bed at 3:30, but alas I had no reason to be annoyed. It was in fact 3pm and I had slept for about 12 hours (minus the one hour I was awake when Rachel called to tell me the good news and I was so excited that I didn't immediately fall back to sleep). So right now I am attempting to rehydrate and Jess is cooking dinner/breakfast since I am working at 6:30 and he is not.
Tomorrow it is supposed to be 90 here. For those of you living in other parts of the country this may seem like no big deal, but around here it is. Jess and I have air conditioning in our bedroom, but that is it. I have a massage at 11am and I am not really planning on sleeping most of the day. I may go to the lake or the beach, but I cannot decide which. I think the young life kids will be at the lake, so I may go and try and enjoy haning out with them. I think it is close to 90 today as well, which means my treck up the hill from the ferry should be quite warm!
I haven't been doing any serious reading lately. I don't quite know what I am in the mood for. I still want to catch up on some classics, but I always end going back to my old favorites like Jane Austen. I am going to read this book called "The Rule of Four", which was written by 2 guys at Harvard or Princeton or something. As far as music goes - my IPOD is on the fritz, but we are working on that. I am really enjoying this guy called Derek Webb (derekwebb.com). His music just really makes me think. Anyway, I seem to have lost all my inspiration!

2 comments:

Naomi Joy said...

What is this? 2 posts from Courtney in a week? Are you crazy? ;-)

Courtney said...

I just might be...