Well, it looks like we will be moving on to round 2 - a frozen IVF cycle. We met with our doctor yesterday and got some questions answered and developed a plan. His thought was that because we had so many healthy embryos on day 3, it was really a guessing game in deciding which ones to transfer as they all appeared of equal quality on the day they transferred the embryos. That being said, embryos freeze best on day 3, so if he had let them all grow longer to see which ones were the best quality, then we risked losing the ability to freeze any of the remaining embryos. So, the plan is that we will thaw 4 out of our 10 remaining embryos and let them grow for 2 days (so they are 5 days old) and then transfer the 2 best quality (likely 1 or 2 may not make it through the thawing process and one may not continue to grow). If, by chance, all 4 are still looking healthy, we will transfer 2 and freeze the other 2. He just doesn't want to put me or our future children at risk if I were to become pregnant with more than 2 babies. So that is our plan.
Beginning at 3 days after the start of my next cycle, I will start back on birth control pills and we will probably do the transfer the first or second week of December. That does give my body the chance to recover from the roller coaster of our last cycle. More miraculously, my dad told me that I was not to worry about the cost of this cycle - it would be my Christmas present (that was my suggestion). We also talked about the possibility of it not working and the fact that we would try and use our remaining embryos, but after that I think we will be done with IVF (if it doesn't work). My dad said that either way we are not to stress about the financial aspect. If we need help with adoption, he would also be there (this a first for him). He reminded me that God has blessed them financially and this point and he feels that this is part of the reason. He also apologized for telling as many people as he did about our IVF. He said that he has learned a painful lesson, but now he better understands the pain we must be feeling and why we didn't want everyone knowing about it. Anyway, I wasn't looking forward to our conversation, but he brought up all the concerns I had before I even mentioned them. So, we are back on the roller coaster again and I am trying to remain hopeful.
2 comments:
Anyone out there???
Hello???
Post a Comment