Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow, Snow, and More Snow!

Well, as a write we are currently buried under over a foot of snow. I don't remember the last time I saw this much snow here, for this long. It all started last Saturday (9 days ago) and today is the first day it has got about freezing since with today's high reaching all of 34. Of course this allowed a little snow to melt only until the freeze tonight. It also sounds like we can expect a few more inches tomorrow night. The highway was nearly impossible last night and is much better today, but the side roads are still a mess. Last night I drove home in over six inches of snow on the highway and even with chains still had a difficult time. I was contemplating who I would call at 3:30 am to rescue me if I got stranded, but fortunately I made it to safety after going 26 miles in 75 minutes. The dogs are really enjoying the snow (once Max got over his fear of it), but it is so deep that our electric fence is not working. Anyway, enjoy the pictures! These were all taken on Friday, before we got about another 8 inches of snow!



No comments: