Wednesday, December 02, 2009
On a happy note...
In wake of the chaos that we have been experiencing, I often forget to talk about the good moments. Well, Saturday was a day of good moments! We took the boys to get their very first Christmas tree. Our church is part of the Advent Conspiracy and we are definitely rethinking the way we do Christmas (focusing on the reason for Christmas, not as many gifts, more personalized/relational stuff, etc.), but I am also big into Christmas traditions like a Christmas tree, lights, nativity scene, music, and stockings, so I have been looking forward to this season since we first started the adoption process. Well, I must say that my boys must have picked up on the excitement because they LOVED it. They loved meeting the "reindeer" (donkey) and picking out the tree and setting it up and pulling out all the ornaments. Sammy was literally jumping around the family room saying "Christmas fun" and smiling more than I have ever seen him smile. I think they actually thought it was Christmas. It was beautiful to see and here are some pictures from that day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment