Thursday, February 18, 2010

Organized Chaos

That is the current state of life right now.  We are getting everything done, but it just feels chaotic most of the time.  The past month has been full of doctor's appointments and worries about Tekalegn's health, trying to develop a routine and running around.  Last week I had to leave the island on both Thursday and Friday (a big deal) and haul the kids along with me.  Thursday Jesse helped, but Friday was just a long day.  Friday we had the boys' appointments at Children's and that is a just a long trip and then we had a few errands to run, including buying even more clothes for Sammy, who has grown over 3 inches since coming home.  Sammy's health is doing great, he is tolerating his medicine well.  He apparently has giardia (which he was negative for when he first came home, but it was probably a false negative), so we will start treatment for that soon.  Tekalegn has been started on a trial drug after his disease showed resistance to the drugs he was on, so he is currently on a drug trial and doing better.  Just before we started the trial he developed a bad rash, which we thought was allergies, but it turns out it was more likely a symptom of his disease.  There have been a few bumps along the way, but that is to be expected.

School is going okay and the boys are learning, so I am doing something right!  Last week they mastered writing their names (from memory) and they consistently know the sounds of A, S, T, and C.  I am struggling to find a good way to teach math, any ideas are welcome!  They are now doing Click N' Kids for reading and it works great!  I have been grateful to have Jesse's help teaching on the days that he is home from work.

So, that is the update for now.  I am off to find out the results of an MRI done on my knee and I finished taxes yesterday!  Here are some pics from school time!



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Good pics!!
I've heard good things about this math curriculum: http://www.mathusee.com/index.php?modify_region=go.