The rumor is that summer is just around the corner, but someone forgot to tell mother nature that since we have see 1, yes 1 lone day that has reached 75. Anyway, this past month has been busy with end of the year things - Tekalegn had multiple field trips, a preschool graduation, several school related picnics, and the boys got to go to their very first birthday party for a friend (and are now forever spoiled).
The good news is that they are finally sleeping in their own room, in bunk beds no less. They love it and are finally sleeping normally again after about 1 week of disrupted sleep do to the new environment. One thing I have found out about my boys is they NEED routine and any change in that throws them into a flurry of tears, tantrums and sleeplessness. We try to stick to a few activities a season and it working. We are going to also continue school throughout the summer, but not daily as I need a little break. Like this morning, they slept until almost 9, so by the time we finished with our breakfast, teeth, etc. it was 10:30 and Sammy has his last day of ESL at 11:25. So, they have been happily playing while I got some computer time. We have also been enjoying the decrease in activities to go on bike rides, go to the beach (gotta love it when it is in your backyard - we spent 4.5 hours there on Saturday), do lots of swimming, and learn a few video games (very limited, but it is something Jesse enjoys, so I let them), make airplanes and whatnot. They start swimming lessons this week (in prep for our week at Lake Chelan in August) and gymnastics in July. So, that is the current update!
2 comments:
oh no what did I miss? The kiddos are back in school? I so agree with you on the weather. I am not even sure if we are going to have a summer. Can't wait to see you this weekend. Haven't told the kids yet, letting it be a surprise.
Oh, Tekalegn's been in pre-school. Sammy goes to one class a week (art), but mainly we use that school to coordinate our homeschooling.
Post a Comment