I must say that I am just loving life right now. We are busy, but busy doing fun things. We had planned to try and do some school during the summer and I was just getting frustrated and the kids were, so we have really backed off and are just enjoying the nice weather (finally!) and doing fun things as a family.
Swimming lessons are going great and they boys got their first experience with a diving board when my parents took them to their country club to go swimming. Sammy was very nervous, but really wanted to try so I swam out and he jumped to me (well, rather, he stepped off the board and swam to me), but then got jumped on by Tekalegn (who I forgot to tell the rule about waiting until the previous kid is at the side of the pool). It was actually just kind of funny and by the end Tekalegn was sprinting and jumping off the board and Sammy was actually jumping! We are ready for our week at the lake!
They have also had 2 weeks of gymnastics so far and they think it is very similar to "mommy's exercises". They are really enjoying it and love just being active. I, too, am busy being active. I am currently 4 weeks into P90X and loving the challenge! It is hard and I have to workout most days for at least 60 minutes, except on my 90 minute Yoga (HE**) day. Four pounds lost so far and I feel much more energetic and a better parent.
The boys are really both doing very well. They both have a great sense of humor (unless someone dares to laugh at Tekalegn). This weekend we were having dinner with my parents and my dad said to Sammy, "Your skin is just like cocoa" to which Sammy quickly replied, "Papa, don't drink me" complete with a goofy grin. Sammy's counseling is going well too. About 2 months ago, we were presented with the opportunity to possibly adopt another little girl through a disruption (as the original family could not keep her) and we seriously considered it, but eventually concluded it was not the right decision for us and definitely not the right time. Since then, Jesse and I have been talking and realized that we are more content with our lives currently than we have ever been and we are not willing to mess with that quite yet. We are not complacent at all, but just content. I feel that we owe these 2 little boys every chance to succeed and grow up feeling loved and special. It isn't that we couldn't do that with another child in the mix, but we are just now starting to see them both really blossom and we have decided to nurture that for a while. We are also planning on resuming volunteering with Young Life again in the fall and helping our church start up Sunday night services closer to us. Life is good!
1 comment:
Yes you are right the boys are doing so well and I could see this huge peace all over you and the boys when I saw you. Everyone was so calm. Amazing what almost a year can do, huh? I am glad you are having so much fun this summer. Can't wait to see you at camp.
Post a Comment