

Oh, life is so quiet around here. Today Rachel and Evan flew back to that horrible Oklahoma. Despite the fact that I attempted to kidnap them, they made it aboard their EARLY flight (let's just say that we had to catch the 4:40am ferry). Fortunately we had a blast the past couple of days. Monday was just a hang out and relax kind of day. Rachel and I finished the 19 pirate patches I wanted to make for camp and continued to work on my Maple Leaf quilt patches. The boys, in the meantime, were watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy and making creme brulee cheescake. Tuesday morning started with me waking them up and then 20 minutes later telling Rachel it was time to go. Unfortunately, there was some miscommunication and I had forgotten to tell Rachel that we were going anywhere, so she looked at me quite baffled (of course, not too baffled since it was me she was talking to). Anyway, we had to go with the other female young life camp leader, Jamie, to get stuff for Malibu. All we found were bandanas, but Rachel and I did enjoy thinking about making homemade candles with the stuff from the craft store - ah, a plan for when we visit them. Then, we came home where I preceded to sew more quilt squares (I am up to 25 out of 81), until my mother arrived. She took us out on the boat for a few hours and we saw all sorts of sea critters (we think there was a salmon run going on). First there was Frederick, the sea lion, who sat on a booey (sp?). Then there were several porpoises around. We also saw Francis, Clive, and Chuck, the harbor seals, but they were not nearly as friendly as Frederick (who let me take about 20 pictures of him). After a brief encounter with some dive-bombing seagulls eating little yellow fish, we went back to dry land. In the evening we went to a barbeque at my parents house and then finished the third Lord of the Rings so that we could play our very last round of Canasta (Rachel and Jess won the very close match, but Evan and I won the previous two). That was the end of our vacation and things are very sad now. I work the next three nights and then it is off to camp late Saturday night.
2 comments:
Hey Court! I love your blog! Please keep posting...this is interesting and fun to read. I want to hear some of your nurse stories.
It is so nice to be loved and missed. I miss you, too, Court!!!! :-)
Post a Comment