Monday, February 20, 2006

A Silver Lining


Well, I have to be happy after a horrid week! I have hurt my back even worse and every step I take hurts, but at least there is a silver lininig. With Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto winning the Silver in Torino, I had to cheer. It has been 30 years since the US has even been on the Olympic medal podium and I am so happy to see such a sweet couple come away with the silver. Now on to the ladies event and hoping the Russians do not sweep the podium, especially with such a sloppy skater. She may be a favorite and no doubt we will hear her story over and over, but let's not forget that just a few months ago she through a temper tantrum when Mao Asada of Japan beat here in the Grand Prix Final and that is not the first time. Anyway, I am routing for Shizuka Arakawa and Fumie Suguri of Japan. I just don't want to see another 16 year old on the podium. I like Sasha Cohen, but I just don't know how she will stand the pressure. I won't be sad if she wins, but more surprised. I don't see Kimmie and Emily being more than top 6 finishers with all the strong skaters being sent. I guess we will see soon!

5 comments:

Naomi Joy said...

I liked those American dancers...but that guy does have a cheesy smile, don't you think?

Courtney said...

I think he is handsome!

Rachel said...

Court, honestly!

Naomi Joy said...

lol

Courtney said...

You forget, my husband has long hair and a very cheesy smile! Ben looks better in competition than in this picture!