Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Nothing New to Add

Well, with the Olympics going on I have been busy trying to keep up to date. Of course, my weekened was sad since my favorite skater withdrew. ;-( However, I have been trying to keep positive. Of course, I now have no one to root for for the ladies. I really don't want Irina Slutskya to win as she throws temper tantrums when she looses. I don't really care for Sasha's attitude either, but I don't want another 16 year old to win. The Japanese women have some very strong skaters who I wouldn't mind seeing medal. I guess it is hard to root for a particular person, when no one has been quite as gracious when winning or losing as Michelle. In Nagano, when asked how she felt about losing the gold, she said "I didn't lose the gold, I won the silver". This attitude has become even more admirable after last night's ungracious pair. Totmiyanina and Marinin, after winning the gold medal, were complaining how they didn't feel bad when Zhang fell as Totmiyanina felt that they were too aggressive during the practice, so it was their own fault. Who complains after winning a gold medal???? Oh, well. I am now rooting for the American men - I like them all and I love Stephane Lambiel (Switzerland).

No comments: