Monday, March 06, 2006

Stir Crazy

You know, I would think that I would enjoy being home alone for days on end. I don't. All I have is the solice of my computer and a CD player. I can't sew because it hurts. I really don't read much because my back hurts and that distracts me. I just put a load of laundry in and my back is yelling! My kitchen is less than clean, but my back won't allow me to care. I am bored! I just mainly play a game on the computer because that is the only thing that distracts me from my hurting back. I can't even take Nemo to the beach because I need someone to help me as he gets very excited at the beach. Oh well. Today I am going into work for a meeting to discuss all the work injuries and work on a solution. Then tomorrow I start a new kind of physical therapy.
I am annoyed with this lady at our Bible study. You see, one of the couples there just had their 2nd baby. He is about 4 months old and of course my mom enjoys holding him, as do I. Of course this annoying woman keeps saying things like "your mom wants to be a grandma" or "babies are contagious" (I won't go into a lesson on how babies come about). I of course reply that we are not ready to have kids and she says "oh, never say that because God will change your plans". Finally, last night I got even more annoyed because she doesn't seem to care about me, but just me as a baby factory. I said, "you know, I am pretty sure that this is not God's time either. I have a back injury and think I need to focus on getting better first". I was half tempted to lie and tell her that I am medically unable to have kids, just to make her feel bad. Why does everyone think that once you get married it is time to have babies. I am only 24 years old and Jess and I have been married less that 3 years. It is hard enough watching so many of my friends (sorry Rach) get pregnant. I know that I don't want to have kids yet, but why doesn't anyone except that as an answer. I am done venting now! Anyway, that is my update. I hope I am not too depressing.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

:-p Meanness in your heart-that's your problem. Acting like you love me when you really don't. This whole blog was about ME, wasn't it?? It wasn't?? Well, it should've been. That's my comment.

Courtney said...

I can't write everything about you. Sorry!

Rachel said...

I know, you don't really have the space here, do you?? CHEER UP!

Naomi Joy said...

LOL. Well, you should just ignore people like that. It's the same kind of people that keep trying to set me up with their grandsons. Of course, I don't mind that at all, but then again, my situation is one that other people COULD help change, but yours isn't. So you should just ignore them and do what you want.