Thursday, August 31, 2006

Another Early Morning Post

I don't want you all the get the wrong idea that I have a slow job. In fact, most nights I am too busy to do much on the computer. However, the slow nights around here tend to be realllly slow! Tonight is one such a night. I started off the night with one patient and thought I would have admitted another patient. Even more odd was the fact that my one patient was not a true critical care patient in the terms of hourly vital signs and such. Anyway, after 6 hours of boredom for myself and 2 other nurses, they sent one nurse home and I took over her assignment. My early morning (around 5am) will be really busy, but alas, it is just after 2am. I have a book to read, but it is easier just to surf the internet.

Well, life continues to be rather slow for me with the usual work, chores, husband, dog, etc. That is not saying that I don't love my life because I am actually quite content. I have been working 2 days on/2 days off for the past month and that will come to an end this weekend with my stretch of 4 days off! I am very excited. Plans to reorganize the garage and perhaps do some painting are in the works. We will also be dog-sitting yet again as my parents are heading off the Minnesota for the weekend.

Yesterday marked the first day since June 17th that the Seattle area got significant rain. So, contrary to popular belief Seattle is not quite as rainy as broadcasted. This has meant endless watering and a dead lawn. The grass is particularly dead looking since Nemo has these bursts of energy (we call it the butt-tuck), which includes him running around the yard at full speed with his butt tucked under him and tearing up grass. So, you can imagine, brown lawn with a Nemo-trail, and random holes. I don't know where this topic is going, so I shall stop. I just wanted everyone to know that I am alive and well.

No comments: