Saturday, August 05, 2006

A Quiet Summer

Well, I realized that it has been a while since I posted, but since no one commented on my last extensive post, I supposed I have not been missed. ;-) Actually, things have been rather uneventful at home. Jesse and I are busy with work and working around the house. We have had basically no rain in over a month, so it is quite a chore to keep up on the watering. Pretty much everyone has let their lawns die. We have been weeding and trying to make the yard look nice, but Nemo continues to enjoy digging holes in the grass.

Work has been hectic - the hospital has been almost full most of the summer and the critical care unit is very short staffed. The other night we had 4 patients that required 1:1 nursing care (one of them was mine), with a completely full unit of sicker than usual patients and we were down about 5 nurses from what we needed to staff for that. It was crazy and I was exhausted. It seems like our whole summer has been more chaotic than usual. At least I am getting some good learning experiences.

I am reading this new book called, "A Generous Orthodoxy" by Brian D. McLaren. The big focus of the book is trying to emphasize how all the theology of the various denominations has gotten in the way of loving Jesus and loving people. So far, it is excellent. Well, I better go since I am at work!

2 comments:

@lici@ said...

Just for the record, lack of comments on my part absolutely does not imply either lack of readership or lack of interest. Post away!

@lici@ said...

Just for the record, lack of comments on my part absolutely does not imply either lack of readership or lack of interest. Post away!