Okay, I am officially bored. Normally this a term that would jinx a nurse, but I don't think that is possible tonight. I have surfed the net, read my book, twindled around, talked with my coworkers, eaten chocolate cake, and yes, taken care of both of my patients. I have done all this while still managing to check on them every hour, right down my hourly vital signs, give meds and keep them comfy-cozy and yet here I still am. Forgive me if this post makes no sense; it is afterall - 4am!
Things at home are well. My parents' dogs spent last week with us and so that kept us on our toes, not to mention what Jess spent the evening cleaning up! Between the 2 of us we also worked 100 hours last week alone, but alas that lovely paycheck will be going to have our roof cleaned and some sort of belt replaced on our jeep. Jess has decided he would rather not risk his life on our very steep and slippery metal roof and instead pay the professionals. I may have argued, but his life insurance isn't worth that much yet ;-).
Last night I got a little ambitious with the cooking and decided to cook for the week. For dinner we ate crab stuffed chicken. Then I made this lovely butternut squash and creamed corn soup, which took much too long. First, I cooked up a whole package of bacon, but it had absolutely NO flavor and about a cup of water came off it, so we tossed it. Then I started to cook the 3 butternut squash. For the first pot, I left the rind or whatever on, but cut the squash into very small pieces, so then of course I had to wait for it to cool to have Jesse take off the rind (notice I said Jesse). Then for the second pot, I decided to take the rind of before hand, but that ended in me getting the rind underneath my fingernail and it still hurts, so of course Jesse had to finish that project too. I was actually very happy he was around for my cooking adventure, even though there is something about me in the kitchen that makes him a nuisance. I guess we can call that a guy thing. I then finished the evening off by making a cake (Alicia, I used the boxed mix). Of course, that didn't take long, but it did include more dishes. I had already washed 3 sink fulls of dishes, so Jesse said he would do that last one. All in all, I spent from 5-6:30, then 9-11:30 in the kitchen. Fortunately, we did have a nice bottle of wine open for our experience. This little project did mean that I was unable to clean out the pantry. Our pantry is about 8 feet deep by 3 feet wide with 1 six inch wide shelf on the right side. This means that I reorganize the pantry and then over the course of a few weeks everything proceeds to fall off the shelves that are much too narrow. Of course this then means that I must do a flying leap over all this stuff (risking injury)to get to my canned fruit and jams. I have been putting off this reorganizational task for months because I know as soon as I reorganize, will have to do it again. You know, I don't really know where I was going with all this, so better stop.
3 comments:
Wow. How industrious! I just finished pulling all the furniture that I could away from the wall and using the Swiffer to clean all the dust. argh I don't like dust.
Mean blogger.
Post a Comment