Well it may be a winter wonderland when there are 2 inches of the ground and no driving involved. It is a whole different story when the power goes out at 5 in the morning you are supposed to start a new job and there are trees all over the only road between you and that job. So went my day. I did, however, make it to work with the help of my husband, only to get sent home 5 hours later for fear I would be trapped all day and night. I guess that makes up for my lack of shower (or maybe that is why they sent me home...). So, our 2 inches turned into more like 7 or 8 inches and that promptly went from slush to ice, to slush, to ice on our lovely Whidbey Island highway. I know I may sound like I am complaining, but this is really quite amusing on top of everything else in my week (Jesse currently throwing up because of extreme pain following wisdom teeth extraction, snow, new job, no power, half-done turkey). Did I mention the turkey? So, when the power went back on today, Jesse promptly decided to smoke his turkey only to have the power go back out again 6 hours later. We had just finished the turkey on top of our wood stove when the power went back on. Our trees may be beautiful, but all this snow has made them quite tempermental. There are trees down all over from the weight of our very wet snow. So, who knows what tomorrow brings. The good news is that this storm did provide for a Christmas photo shoot. All the below shots were taken on our tripod by yours truly, just on our road. Enjoy!






5 comments:
Wow! Yeah, you know we saw snow during the Seattle football game on tv last night. Weird. Pictures are cute - I like the first one best.
Hope Jess is feeling bad, man - that's miserable.
Whoa, Naomi, you hope Jess is feeling bad? I never knew you didn't like him! ;-) Cute pics, Court! I hope the turkey turned out okay!
Great pictures!
I hadn't checked my mail in a couple days when I talked to you this week. Thanks for the package! I LOVE the apron. :-)
C'mon, Court, post SOMETHING!!! Even if you have to paint your toes and post about THAT, at least it would be something!!! :-)
Post a Comment