Hey guys! I know you all know that we have once again landed back in limbo-land. We are trying to process things and figure out where to go from here. My body is all bruised (literally) as well as everything else in me. We don't know what the next step is and how God even fits in our life right now. Let's just say that we feel like we have been kicked when we were already down. We still believe in God, but honestly I don't trust him right now. The past 18 months or so has been one of God telling us no, no, no and giving us know reason why. I know there are many examples of people struggling in the Bible, but it is a whole different story when it is you and you have to wake up to and empty house that should have a child in it and look at an empty bedroom.
Anyway, the good news is that we do have 10 frozen embryos (otherwise known as "snowbabies on ice" to IVF couples). However, with the last cycle we did our chances of conceiving were about 50-60%, but with a "frozen cycle" the chances go down to about 30%. I know God can work outside of statistics, but He hasn't done anything yet, so part of me wonders if he ever will. Also, we have already sunk about $15000 into this endeavor (with help from my family) and a frozen cycle is another $3000 that we don't have. Maybe I should join Alicia in Maryland where infertility treatments are legally required to be covered by insurance. As for moving forward with adoption...well, we just can't do it yet emotionally, physically, or financially (that costs $15000-20000). Well, thanks for your support.
1 comment:
I admire your honesty. It is so hard sometimes to trust that God will do what is good, even if it's not what or when we want. If it makes you feel any better, all of our insurance choices don't cover fertility treatments. . .and none of them cover IVF. You're in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment