Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Crazy Day/Night

Okay, so yesterday we woke up and let Nemo outside while we showered. When we let him back in he wasn't overly enthused about dinner (very unusual). When I went out to get the mail I found a few boxes of doggy treats on our porch from our neighbor (they just had to put down their old golden retriever). I figured Nemo probably ate a few of the snacks and therefore wasn't too hungry and later that night hew threw them all back up. Anyway, we were gone all evening and when we came back and he had to go to the bathroom and he peed for like 4 minutes straight. I assumewd he was thirsty after having all those salty snacks and so he drank a lot. Then about 12:30, Jesse came and tucked me in bed with warm rice back (my butt is all red and itchy from the progesterone shots). Nemo was tired so he went to bed with me. At three I wake up to an explative and the lights getting turned on (and I was sleeping SOOOO well). When the lights went on we noticed that our bedroom carpet was wet and Jesse's whole side of the bed was soaked from our down comforter through the mattress pad and our mattress was slightly damp. Our darling pup had peed our entire bed (he is three and had NEVER done that) and he didn't even wake me up. So, we let him outside and he went to the bathroom for a long time, again. Finally, I called the emergency vet to see if they thought we needed to bring him in (we are at least 2 hours from it) and they said as long as we could get him to drink some water we were probably okay until our vet openend in the morning. So, about 5:30 I finally fell asleep on the couch and Jesse went to sleep in our guest room. He got up at 9:30 and took the dog to the vet and found out that he had a horrid kidney infection and it was totally unrelated to the dog treats. I stayed home and talked to my parents, who were all worried about their beloved "grandpup". So, baby Nemo is now on antibiotics. Jesse cleaned to bedroom floor with a carpet cleaner and we were able to rescue our mattress (thank God). We both took a nap this afternoon, but now I am all disoriented and I have a whole bunch of teenagers coming over in 2 1/2 hours. I am so relieved Nemo is okay (let's just say I was a mess last night and terrified he had horrid kidney damage and we were going to have to put him to sleep). The vet did a whole bunch of lab work, so he is not out of the woods yet and $300 later he is home with us and our bedroom is clean. So, that was my crazy day!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness.