Sunday, April 25, 2010

It seems just as a put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) about our challenges with Tekalegn, things started to turn around.  Thursday he had the day of all days that included several major meltdowns (including one at the baseball field with him screaming at the top of his lungs while we sat in the car and I made him stand against the fence until he could calm down).  It ended with several punishments for several things (the screaming, disobeying, more screaming, more no's, etc.) and the sometimes threatened, but never done, bed with no dinner.  It was hard, but Jesse was there helping and he actually did more than myself, and we made sure to give him lots of love after talking about why were doing what we were doing.

Well, since then (of course, only 2 days), he has become the sweet child I know and love.  He climbed in bed with me and just held me for 30 minutes when he got up.  He was so obedient and sweet.  He has been sitting our laps, showering us with kisses and overall, the kid I know him to be!  It was like he needed to push it to the limits to see if we would still love him (and we do).  I am hoping it will last, but I know better than to hold my breath.

No comments: