Ah, July since my last post. Again, life just seems hectic. We went on vacation in August and never really stopped running. The boys are both in school and actually doing fantastic. They are making friends and learning! That is a huge relief. Sammy's teacher has been a godsend and the is quick to update us with any issues. He is learning to read and is reading short books (thanks Rachel). Tekalegn is adjusting well and looks forward to his school days (only 3 days a week). They boys are also loving soccer, but I am looking forward to it ending as Tekalegn has it on Monday/Wednesday and Sammy on Tuesday/Thursday, so life is a little insane.
On the other hand, Sammy has become increasingly difficult and very verbal about how much he dislikes us and living in our family. It is very evident that he does have some sort of attachment disorder. He normally escalates at bedtime and that can lead us to him screaming at the top of his lungs for over an hour, but throughout the day he can go from happy one minute to screaming mad the next. He relishes in how mad he can make us, so it is our goal to try and stay as neutral as possible, even as he escalates (easier said than done) We have since decided that his second therapist was also a poor fit for him and are interviewing yet another one on Monday and that therapy would be 90 minutes each way, but if it helps we will continue. So, that is the update for now.
1 comment:
Wow. God bless you guys. Every day must take so much out of you. I just can't imagine! You're doing a great work and I admire you.
Believe it or not, I actually flopped your pumpkin pound cake for the first time last week. I have no idea what I did wrong. I did use home pureed pumpkin for the first time and I don't know if that had anything to do with it.
Post a Comment