Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

It is so wonderful to have a holiday that is devoted to being thankful.  I find that it is often easy to complain about many things - misbehaving kids, a messy house, finances, spouses, etc., but I don't take enough time to be thankful.  And thankful, I am.  I am thankful for a healthy body for Jesse and I (although we feel older every day).  I am thankful for a wonderful husband who never fails to tell me he loves me several times a day.  I am thankful for a house and jobs for both of us.   I am overwhelmed with thankfulness that my boys are home.  I am thankful for a God that loves me in spite of myself.

I think about this time last year - we were dreaming of the boys, jobs were going great, house was great and all we needed was the 2 kids to complete our lives.  Fast forward to this year - the kids are home and BUSY, Jesse's job is a constant source of stress and we have lost over 1/3 of our income due to it, the house seems to be falling apart (hot water heater went out last night), but I don't think my life has ever felt more complete.  We are in a constant state of motion and chaos, but it is beautiful.  The boys are playing with power tools (for kids of course), Jesse is working on the hot water heater, I am in my pajamas (don't expect a cold shower from me), but life is good!  God is faithful and he will get us through this year, but I don't even dare to expect what that will look like.  And I am thankful.

1 comment:

Andrea Hill said...

I know Courtney, that is so true. Loved the pajama part. That is usually what I do all day for Thanksgiving but unfortunately this year I had to wear my reg clothes since we had company. I was bummed, not about the guests but not having on my PJ's all day.