Friday, July 01, 2005
The Pains of the Working Woman
You know, I had 8 days off this past week. Granted, we had company and were very busy doing fun things, but I actually enjoyed the days we did nothing more. I love just hanging around the house sewing, cleaning, cooking, working in my garden. I am fortunate that I only have to work 3 days a week, otherwise I think I would go crazy. It is amazing how the seemingly mundane can be so pleasurable. As much as I love my husband, I know that he could never be content with these mundane activities. When he is home, he just doesn't think about housekeeping, but needs to be reminded that the dishes need to be done or that the lawn hasn't been mowed in 1 week. He would be perfectly content to sit and watch movies or play xbox. I know that some men are a little more attentive to household chores, but as a whole, many of them need those gentle (or not so gentle) reminders of what needs to be none. It is just an interesting idea that God created men and women so differently. I know that I still plan on working when I have kids, but only two days a week, so hopefully I will get to enjoy doing what I love most. Okay, this was quite a random post so I will finish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
After being away for 2 weeks and returning home to the "mundane" pleasures of laundry and post-vacation house-cleaning, I could not agree more.
Perhaps we shall actually maintain some semblance of keeping in touch through blogging. That would be nice! I'm glad you started one.
Courtney, 3 whole days? I can't wait this long in between posts.
Post a Comment