Monday, August 01, 2005

Mmm...good food!

Okay, so on Saturday I made Chicken Parmesan from my cookbook. It was incredible! There was no breading, but it is cooked on high in a pan before you put it in the oven, so it sort of makes a crunchy chicken layer. To serve over the chicken I also made homemade marinara sauce. Let me just say that it was so tasty and all that was in it was canned crushed tomatoes (per the recipes), carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and bay leaves. I also made friend polenta (which is made of cornmeal) and that was really tasty. My dad volunteered to "test" out all my new recipes for me after dinner. This whole meal was very complete with a bottle of Cabernet - I actually felt Italian for the night!

1 comment:

Naomi Joy said...

My mouth is watering. . . . and you're not posting the recipe??? Please!!!