Wednesday, August 17, 2005
More Book Thoughts
Monday night Jess and I were once in charge of preparing a lesson for Young Life. Let's just say I had a very lousy weekend and Monday, 5pm came along and I had yet to prepare anything. I was seriously contemplating sitting on the floor and crying, but my dear, sweet husband was actually quite sympathetic so he agreed to do the lesson as I prepared it. We actually read the kids a story from "God Came Near". It was a story that had challenged me to question the contentment in my own life and I challenged the kids to do the same. The story talked about a blind man who was standing on the streets singing and appeared to be more content that many people with more money or success or more...anything. Everyone actually responded really well and for once some of them verbalized their feelings - feelings of selfishness, discontentment, etc. It kind of just reminded me that if you put God first and are faithful, He will not return void.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OOo...sounds good. I wish I had been there to listen.
Post a Comment