Saturday, August 20, 2005
A New Challenge
After thoroughly enjoying my re-reading of Pride and Prejudice, I have decided on my next conquest. I am now going to read Sense and Sensibility. I have started this novel half a dozen times and have never finished. For such an Austenite as myself this is irrehensible. The 1995 film version is one of my favorite movies of all time and I know I will enjoy the story. However, unlike P&P, it does start off rather slowly and takes a while to culmonate. Once I finish, I will just have to read Emma to finish all the Austen books. The thing is that once I read a book, I want to reread it and not always experience new books, so that is why I have avoided Emma (that and "Clueless" really turned me off to the whole story). Anway, on to reading I must go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
See, that's just how I feel about P&P! The difference being, I guess, that you're actually trying again. Congratulations.
Post a Comment